Tax Audits and Administrative Appeals
We assist individuals and businesses facing tax audits from the IRS or their state taxing agency, such as the FTB or Department of Revenue. Advocate Solutions, Inc. has assisted clients with substantiation, characterization, timing, income reconstruction or reallocation to reduce their tax liability without costly litigation.
We advise taxpayers to contact an attorney once they receive a notice from the IRS or state taxing agency to preserve their right to litigate in Tax Court. We found that many taxpayers who fail to timely respond to notices from the government have unintentionally waived their right to litigate and incurred unnecessary penalties and interest as a result.
Our office represents taxpayers throughout the country on audits concerning income tax, sales and use tax, employment tax, as well as other types of taxes and penalties. We work closely with Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) on audits and appeals. The following are examples of the issues we have handled:
- Audit Reconsideration
- Appeals and protests of audit results
- Statutory Notices of Deficiency from the IRS
- Notices of Proposed Assessments from the California Franchise Tax Board
- Notices of Determination from the California Board of Equalization (BOE)
- Sales and use tax collection issues
- Defense of exemptions and credits
- Defense of negligence and fraud penalties
For more information or to schedule a consultation with a tax attorney at Advocate Solutions, Inc., call 310.734.2677 or complete the contact us form on this site.